Website Civil Society Academy
Company Name: Civil Society Academy
Posted Date: 2023-11-03
Job Type: N/A
#Accounting and Finance, Business and Administration, Consultancy and Training
- Human Rights-Based Approach
- Leadership and Team Management
- Advocacy and Social Accountability
- Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
- Our team brings a genuine passion for social justice into everything we do and a heartfelt conviction that we can all think and do better to enact meaningful change.
- We believe in autonomous work, self-leadership, trust, and innovation, which are deeply embedded values in our decentralized management system and human-centered approaches.
- Creating a workflow for the recurring administrative and financial processes in the organization; maintaining tabs on all CSA Africa projects to understand their administrative and financial processes
- Managing the accounting system of CSA Africa according to regulatory guidelines using safe and secure accounting software
- Preparing regular financial reports for a donor organization, Board of Directors, and regulatory bodies
- Preparing invoices and receipts for clients, including organizations and individual impact training participants
- Managing the contractual agreements of the CSA Africa team as well as that of contracted facilitators and consultants
- Managing contractual agreements made with local and international CSOs for tailor-made services
- Handling the payment process for training venues that CSA Africa will book in Ethiopia and other African countries
- Carry out regular liasoning and communication activities with regulatory organizations, partners and clients in consultation with the coordinator
- Assisting training participants with questions about venue and logistics and providing suggestions for accommodation and other requests if possible
- Collaborating with the course coordinator to communicate with registered participants, send them invoices, and answer their financial queries
- Coordinating with clients on logistics for customized trainings
- Creating a database of venues that fulfill CSA Africa requirements in Ethiopia and other locations in Africa, mainly Kenya and Uganda
- Booking training venues in advance, communicating with vendors, and handling the financials
- In collaboration with the Coordinator, developing an information pack for participants detailing training logistics and travel requirements.
- Procuring and maintaining training materials in collaboration with the CSA team
- Handling travel logistics when the CSA team is traveling outside Ethiopia; coordinating with clients to understand visa requirements; and managing transportation and daily allowances
- The ALL Officer we are seeking is a mid-career professional who can satisfactorily fulfill the following requirements
- A higher education degree in Business Administration and Accounting
- Accounting License
- Significant experience working in administration and accounting in the development and/or civil society sector
- Strong familiarity with the administrative and financial needs of civil society organizations
- Knowledge of the Ethiopian regulatory environment for CSOs in Ethiopia and can create administrative workarounds for CSA Africa’s engagement in other African countries
- Knowledge of the due diligence requirements of major donors and INGOs
- Competency in using safe and secure accounting software programs accepted as standard practices by the government regulators and clients
- Fluent in both oral and written Amharic and English. Please note that training sessions are mostly held in English
- Invested in working to move civil society forward; is passionate about social justice and development
- Resonates with the mission and core values of Civil Society Academy
- Is self-led and can thrive in a horizontally managed environment with low supervision and high autonomy
- Ability to handle working virtually and independently in close communication with a global team
- CSA Africa is committed to providing fair remuneration to all members of its team. The remuneration for this position is open to some negotiation based on the applicant’s experience and terms of engagement.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this position email@example.com November 30, 2023.
Applications will be evaluated as they come in, so we encourage you to apply early.