Website Civil Society Academy
Company Name: Civil Society Academy
Posted Date: 2023-11-03
Job Type: N/A
#Consultancy and Training, Education, Social Sciences and Community
AtCivil Society Academy Africa,we believe that social justice can happen with the right tools and the right people.
As part of a network operating across the globe, we work to support social pioneers, civil society leaders, activists, and development enthusiasts to realize their vision of social transformation.
Our modalities of engagement include long-term change missions, where we accompany, support, and facilitate multi-year and multi-partnership initiatives to champion social justice across development sectors.
We also offer impact training sessions, open to all interested applicants, and customized training sessions, which are tailor-made to fit organizations’ particular needs. Learner-led and practically relevant, both modalities offer participants access to foundational and cutting-edge concepts through participatory and innovative pedagogical tools.
Our expert facilitators also extend coaching services to guide teams in translating their newly acquired knowledge into lasting practice.
- Human Rights-Based Approach
- Leadership and Team Management
- Advocacy and Social Accountability
- Building Partnerships and Coalitions
- Fundraising and Resource Mobilization
- Nurturing Young Development and Leadership Facilitators
- Informed by extensive sector-specific expertise, progressive theories, and best practices, our facilitation services offer a truly unique knowledge experience.
- Our team, spread over three entities in Europe, South East Asia, and Africa, has a rich and diverse repertoire, decades of experience, and a genuine passion for sharing knowledge in accessible and engaging ways.
How We Work
- Our team brings a genuine passion for social justice into everything we do and a heartfelt conviction that we can all think and do better to enact meaningful change.
- We believe in autonomous work, self-leadership, trust, and innovation, which are deeply embedded values in our decentralized management system and human-centered approaches.
Since its registration as an independent entity in Ethiopia that works across the African continent, CSA Africa has had a constantly growing roster of both long-term and short-term engagements.
With this in mind, the entity is now looking for a passionate, independent, and knowledgeable Lead Facilitator to join the team and manage long-term projects we accompany and facilitate short term training sessions.
Workflow And Responsibilities
The Lead Facilitator will observe the following general workflow and be responsible for:
- Managing long-term and multi-actor projects that CSA Africa accompanies and supports
- Regularly liaising with long-term clients to provide the necessary support and guidance
- Facilitating short-term tailor-made training sessions and open impact training sessions based on her/his subject matter expertise
- Liaising with new clients to understand their training needs and presenting them with training offers drafted in collaboration with the rest of the team
- Maintaining timely communication with clients to get feedback on training offers and making necessary changes in alignment with each training’s purpose and goal
- Developing training concept, content, and schedules based on the finalized training offers
- Actively seeking opportunities for partnership and resource generation and contributing to development of new businesses and proposals
- Facilitating long-term projects and short term training sessions in accordance with CSA best practices, policies, and facilitation methodology.
- Coordinating with the CSA team, specifically the Accounting, Liaising and Logistics (ALL) Officer to ensure that suitable training venues are booked according to CSA best practices and guidelines
- Collaborating with the ALL Officer to make sure they have the necessary information to handle financial aspects of the training; communicating with them about any client and participant needs/queries that need to be addressed.
- Drafting reports of projects and training sessions to share with clients and CSA entities; drafting and distributing training manuals and reference materials to participants
- The Lead Facilitator we are seeking is a mid-career professional who can satisfactorily fulfill the following requirements
- At least a Master’s Degree level education in the social sciences
- Significant experience in the development and/or civil society sector
- Extensive project management experience and proven track record of leading projects to completion
- Substantive experience and a proven track record of working in at least two of the following areas: Human Rights Based Approach, Advocacy, Social Accountability, Governance, Leadership and Team Building
- Experience and interest in facilitating knowledge processes
- A good level of comfort with public speaking, crowd engagement, and guiding discussions with large groups of people
- Commitment to learning and practicing engaging, participatory, and learner-centered facilitation methodologies
- Fluent in both oral and written Amharic and English. Please note that training sessions are mostly held in English
- Willingness and ability to travel, primarily within Ethiopia and Africa
- Invested in working to move civil society forward; is passionate about social justice and development
- Resonates with the mission and core values of Civil Society Academy
- Is self-led and can thrive in a horizontally managed environment with low supervision and high autonomy
- Ability to handle working virtually and independently in close communication with a global team
- CSA Africa is committed to providing fair remuneration to all members of its team. The remuneration for this position is open to some negotiation based on the applicant’s experience and terms of engagement.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter detailing why you would be a good fit for this position email@example.com November 30, 2023.
Applications will be evaluated as they come in, so we encourage you to apply early.