Company NAme: Reach Ethiopia
Posted Date: 2023-09-19
Job Type:Full time
Organic Health Care Service (OHCS) is a local non-profit organization registered as a Local Civil Society Organization (CSO) on August 20, 2019. Founded by a former MDR-TB survivor and health professionals, OHCS is a youthful and forward-thinking organization dedicated to offering integrated and comprehensive services in awareness creation, healthcare, and support within the domain of TB prevention and control programs.
REACH Ethiopia has been awarded a grant from Expertise France to execute a community-based TB prevention and control project in Zone-3 of the Afar region. OHCS serves as a Sub-recipient for this project, overseeing volunteer-related activities. We are actively searching for an experienced individual to manage volunteers engaged in community TB activities. The volunteer coordinator will hold the responsibility for the overall planning, monitoring, documentation, and sharing of the best practices related to the volunteers’ activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement a volunteer in collaboration with the district health office and Health Extension workers recruitment.
- Coordinate the scheduling and placement of volunteers for various programs and events.
- Coordinate the volunteer training sessions and orientations for new volunteers.
- Maintain a database of volunteers, updating their engagement and contribution
- Provide ongoing support and supervision to volunteers, addressing their concerns and resolving any issues that may arise.
- Collaborate with the Zonal coordinator and District TB officers in the health facility to ensure the fulfillment of volunteer needs and objectives.
- Promote volunteer engagement through regular communication, recognition, and appreciation activities.
- Collect and analyze data on volunteer performance and impact, preparing reports as required.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to effectively coordinate multiple volunteers and tasks.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to interact with volunteers, staff, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving abilities to address issues and challenges related to volunteer management.
Organization: Organic Health Care service
Employment type: full time
Number of positions: 1
Location: Afar, Zone-3 /Awash 7Kilo
Payment rate: Attractive
Duration: One Year with Possibility of extension
- Bachelor’s degree in health science preamble Health education and communication, social work, and other related field.
- Fluent in Afargna
- Familiar with the national TB and Health Extension Program
- Familiarity with volunteer management.
- Knowledge of volunteer best practices, policies, and procedures.
- Understanding of legal and ethical considerations related to volunteering.
- Prior experience working with volunteers or in a similar coordination role is preferred.
- 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in a nonprofit or community organization.
Behavioral competencies and skills
- Strong leadership and team management skills to motivate and guide volunteers.
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people.
- Proficiency in computer skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to volunteerism and community engagement.
How to Apply
By following our 3 steps application process:
Fill out the mandatory application formusing the following link:Volunteers Coordinator Application Form It will only take 5 to 10 minutes.
Attach your updated CVand application letter through the system.
Checkyour email and make sure you receive anautomatic responseacknowledging receipt of your application which means your application was successful.
If you encounter any challenges while using the system, please reach out to our contact person at +251905705984.
The application deadline isSeptember 22, 2023.We’ll call or e-mail you back if there is a good fit on both sides.
OHCS and Our Partner REACH Ethiopia is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability.