Website Development for Peace Organization (DPO)
Company Name: Development for Peace Organization (DPO)
Posted Date: 2023-11-16
Job Type: Contract
Salary: Gross $1,000
#Engineering, Environment and Natural Resource
About the Organization
Development for Peace Organization (DPO) is an Ethiopian civil society organization established in 2020 with a mission of striving to meet the humanitarian and developmental needs of societies regardless of race, color, religion or cultural background. The organization is legally registered to work in Ethiopia (Reg. 5164), South Sudan (Reg. 4178), Kenya (OP.218/051/22-400/12732 and Somalia (Reg. NGOD/Moifar0422/022); it is also processing its registration in Yemen.
WASH officers will be responsible for the implementation of the Water, Hygiene and Sanitation program of the Shiraro project at IDPs and host community that includes monitoring and supervision of construction and rehabilitation of all water points, schemes, sanitary infrastructures and Hygiene promotion activities: safe water management, latrine use for defecation, solid waste disposal, vector control, and environmental health activities and participate on regular hygiene promotion activities with the government health extension workers and reporting to the country program officer.
- Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as the focal point person for all activities related to WASH.
- Participate on needs assessments, planning, organizing, and implementation, of WASH programs.
- Prepare design and drawing for water points, water schemes, pipe system layouts and sanitary infrastructures, Prepare BoQ, and specifications.
- Optimize design for water supply infrastructures: Pipe layout, electro mechanical equipment, and storage tanks.
- Supervision and monitoring on-force & all contracted activities such as construction of water facilities, maintenance of water and sanitary infrastructures.
- Update the emergency WASH situation in the Woreda on bi-weekly bases.
- Facilitate in the selection, designing, pre-testing, developing, dissemination and evaluation of appropriate hygiene educational materials for effective hygiene promotion program;
- Coordinate in site location, mobilizing the community to participate on the rehabilitation and construction of water schemes, promote community to use latrine for defecation, proper waste management at village and household level, promote safe water management
- Facilitate in working with relevant partners government sector offices: water, health, and other NGO’s and GO’s
- Facilitate in organizing WaSHCo and hygiene promotion trainings and workshops for the water management team and other partners (women groups, health agents, water committee, etc. in the woredas) and coordinate in preparation and organizing all the required training materials;
- Facilitate in documenting health related data and keep records on activities of hygiene promotion and sanitation;
- Prepare monthly reports and submit to the supervisor on the work progress of hygiene promotion and sanitation activities;
- Participate in other WaSH activities as assigned by the supervisor.
- Collaborate with other DPO programs in the target Woreda.
- Represent DPO in WASH cluster, other government meetings as a focal point.
- Conduct other tasks as per assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Reports to: Regional Coordinator
- BSc or MSc Degree in the area Water Supply and Environmental Engineering, Water Resources and Hydraulic Engineering, Water Resources and Irrigation Engineering, Sanitary Engineering, and Environmental Health
- Experienced professionals with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Commitment to DPO’s mission- Improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity.
- Working knowledge of English and local language (spoken and written).
- Proficient in using AutoCAD/Civil3D and EPHANET/Water CAD/Water Gems software’s.
- Able to live and work with a multicultural team under difficult conditions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates shall fill out this form https://forms.gle/oMphGy4hb5DuCCEy7 through until Nov 29, 2023.
Qualified women are highly appreciated to apply!
Candidates from the locality are highly encouraged to apply
DPO is committed to diversity and inclusion in its workforce and encourages all candidates to apply to join the organization, regardless of gender, nationality, religious/ethnic heritage, or disability.
DPO has a zero-tolerance policy for sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, authority abuse, and discrimination. DPO follows the principles of UN Child Protection. As a result, all shortlisted candidates will be subjected to thorough reference and background checks, as well as being expected to conform to these standards and principles.