Development Expertise Center (DEC)
Company NAme: Development Expertise Center (DEC)
Posted Date: 2023-09-11
DEC is a local CSO established in 2007 and re-registered in May 2019 as per the new Authority for CSO Proclamation by the Ethiopian government bearing a registration number of 0009. The organization has five major programs; Child Well-being and Education Development Program, Gender and Life Skill Development, Employable Skills Development Program, Advocacy, and Humanitarian Emergency Program. DEC actively works in six National Regional States and one city administration of Ethiopia namely Amhara, Afar, Oromia, Tigray, Gambela, Benishangul Gumuz, and Addis Ababa City Administration.
Reports to: To the Cluster Manager
The Youth Training Facilitator will be a passionate and energetic training facilitator who is responsible for facilitating the Life skills, Employability/Effective Work Habits, and Entrepreneurship Skills Development components of the training. This individual will work closely with the employability, skills, and training officer and economic empowerment officer (EEO).
Major Tasks and Duties
- Initiate the planning, implementation, and reporting of project activities in collaboration with the Economic Empowerment Officer (EEO), cluster manager and youth employment officer
- Select target out-of-school youth based on the selection criteria for out-of-school orientation and coaching youth in consultation with project staff and partners.
- Provide appropriate orientation to determine the right target group for the Kefeta skill development training, focusing on those seeking employment opportunities.
- Facilitate life skills, employability/effective work habits, and entrepreneurship training for out-of-school youth, incorporating practical exercises and field-based activities.
- Support youth through mentor’s linkage and coaching to assist them in achieving their desired employment goal.
- Participate in designing and creating tools, supporting youth in developing their personal development plans and navigating their future employment paths. Coach and record participant’s personal development plan (PDP) progress
- Support sound business plan development for youth in the entrepreneurship pathway to help them secure access to finance in close collaboration with economic empowerment officer
- Identify and connect with existing employer’s networks, and organizations in Kefeta City that cater to the needs of youth, with a focus on exploring employment opportunities for the target out-of-school youth.
- Develop a comprehensive Terms of Reference (ToR) document for skill development training and private sector engagement activities in consultation with EEO.
- Provide guidance and support to target youth in identifying other community resources to help them achieve their livelihood goals .
- Actively engaging parents and the community to mobilize support for youth with a particular focus on females and youth with disabilities Support young individuals with disabilities by sharing knowledge on topics related to gender and disability,
- Collaborate and support local labor market assessment at City level in collaboration with employability and economic empowerment officers
- Facilitate loan linkage with MFI through supporting in fulfilling the requirements such as business plan preparation, etc,. in supervision with the EE Officer the Project Officer
- Organize workshops, trainings, and events together with the supervision of the Project Officer.
- Facilitate and coordinate the components of youth development activities, like facilitate training, coach and mentoring the target youth.
- Follow up the progress of each program activity and provide the appropriate support for targeted youth.
- Participate in designing and executing a learning agenda that fosters collaboration, learning, and adaptation of Positive Youth Development (PYD) approaches with the project team.
- Participate in designing and providing support in developing and measuring youth skills development indicators, as well as supporting initiatives to enhance the impact of program activities.
- Collection, documentation, and dissemination of lessons learned, case stories, and good practices of the project and its partners
- Ensure integration of other Kefeta service packages to target youth
- Documentation and reporting including entering trainee’s data into DHIS2
- Develop monthly activity plans and reports in close consultation with the EEO
- Carry out other duties as requested by the supervisor.
DEC would like to recruit for the following position: Youth Training Facilitator
Duty Station andRequired Number
- Bahir Dar 4
- Jimma 4
- Assosa 1
- Gambella 1
Applicants should have:
- A relevant degree (BA/BSc) in, Social work, psychology economics, education, adult education, business management, sociology, and related fields of studies
- Age: 35 or below
- Minimum of 2 years’ previous experience in youth development, youth economic empowerment, and livelihood support
- Good in speaking and writing English
- Speaks the local language fluently
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and excellent awareness about communities, government structure, etc.
- Good report writing skills; able to collect documents and share records and information.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work in any Kebeles of the City where the program is implemented within approved security frameworks.
- Basic computer skills and mobile literacy are desirable.
- Experiences of working in NGOs and communities at grass root level are advantageous
- Experiences in volunteering, community service, and passion for development work are advantageous.
- Experience working with community mobilization, youth development, Women empowerment, training facilitation, Coaching, and Mentoring youth.
- Work experience in productive areas and knowledge of local culture is advantageous
- Record of accomplishment in facilitating training.
- Understanding and hands-on experience working on gender-inclusive projects.
Preferred Experiences and Skills:
- Proven track record in employability skills development in projects of a similar nature, preferably in international development organizations on the following themes:
- Experience in Entrepreneurship training provision /private sector or enterprise development.
- Partnership development with public-private sectors
- Demonstrated experience in managing capacity-building programs with a background in training.
- Knowledge of the issues and challenges facing young people in different contexts.
- Proactive and entrepreneurial attitude.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to adapt to different learning styles, needs, and preferences of young people
Posting date: 08/09/2023
Closing date: 24/09/2023
How to Apply
Interested applicants who fulfill the requirements can send non-returnable scanned copies of their CV, Application Letter and credentials through Email using the following email addresses: –
– Bahir Dar duty station: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Jimma Duty Station: email@example.com
– Assosa Duty Station: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Gambela Duty Station: email@example.com
NOTE: Incomplete applications will not be accepted and only short-listed applicants will be contacted.