Company NAme: JSI
Posted Date: 2023-09-19
Job Type:Full time
Salary: ull time employment
Background and Justification:
With funding from Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance, JSI is supporting the Ministry of Health (MoH), RHBs and selected ZHDs on routine immunization and COVID-19 vaccination related activities in Ethiopia. This project will provide critical technical assistance to national, regional and zonal levels of the health sector on COVID-19 vaccination and routine immunization delivery efforts with particular focus on provision of technical assistance (TA) on integration of COVID-19 vaccination into routine immunization and reaching priority population for COVID-19 vaccination, support in liquidation of financial resources allocated to regions/zones by MoH and catch-up vaccination on RI. The zonal level immunization/COVID-19 vaccination TA will be provided in six zones found in SNNPR and South West Ethiopia regions: One TA will be responsible for a ZHD to be selected/assigned
Purpose and objectives of the TA provision:
The TA will serve as JSI’s focal person to provide technical assistance to the assigned ZHD in the two regions (The zones will be selected by the RHB after recruitment. The applicant should be ready to be deployed in any zone in the selected regions). He/she will have close communication and collaboration with RHB counterparts, the project backstopping team based in Addis Ababa, and other partners working on RI and COVID-19 vaccination efforts at the regional and zonal level. Additionally, he/she is expected to provide inputs to project/donor reports as requested.
Provide strategic and day-to-day technical support at zonal/woreda level for COVID-19 vaccination and routine immunization (RI) including:
- Engagement and coordination support for TWG, strategic planning, and coordination of COVID-19 activities
- Support zone and woredas with COVID-19 vaccine and RI data analysis and use of data for programmatic decision-making
- Support for coordination and linkage between supply chain and program data
- Support ZHD to coordinate for woredas and health facilities to develop micro plan for RI and COVID-19 vaccination
- Actively participate in supportive supervisions and review meetings
Provide strong technical support on COVID-19 vaccination integration into RI/PHC and ensure plans are in place to reach priority population for COVID-19 vaccination:
- Support the ZHD in overall preparation for integrating C-19 vaccination into RI/PHC. Ensure there is clear plan for identifying and reaching priority population with C-19 vaccination including demand creation plan
- Participate in provision of trainings and technical support for integration, as needed
- Work with zonal and regional teams in identifying woredas and areas that needs support and provide timely technical assistance to address the challenge
- Support ZHD in monitoring progress based on target and allocated vaccines
- Support ZHD in preparation of reports and updates to RHBs
Provide technical assistance to the ZHD on grant management, timely liquidation and overall coordination of resources allocated for rolling out of covid-19 vaccination and RIV with funding from GAVI and other donors including:
- Closely work with ZHD/RHB EPI team, finance department at the ZHD/RHB to facilitate timely and efficient utilization of resources allocated to the zone
- In collaboration with finance department within ZHD, develop regular update/report on the status of activities completed and budgets liquidated by each of WoHO and present it to decision makers within the ZHD
- Regularly, identify challenges
,support sneeded for timely and efficient utilization and accountability of resources allocated to the zone and present it to decision making body within the zone/region
Provide technical support to ZHD and woredas within the zone to ensure the continuation of RI activities with particular focus on identifying and reaching zero-dose and under-immunized children
Other similar tasks assigned by supervisor
- Master of public health (MPH) or other equivalent qualifications with first degree in health related disciplines
- Minimum of six years working experience in immunization and public health, preferably with routine immunization experience
- Minimum of three years supervisory experience
- Current experience supporting the planning or implementation of COVID-19 vaccination efforts
- Demonstrated experience working with the ZHD or RHB and involvement in technical working groups (must understand local government structures)
- Strong organizational, management and communication skills to influence partners and decision-makers at the regional, zonal, and woreda level
- Experience of working in DHIS2 and conducting analysis
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power point
- Ability to produce accurate data and reports
- Fluency in English and Amharic.
- Knowledge of the official language of the Region of assignment is a strong asset
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 30% of the time to zones and woredas
How to Apply
- Qualified individuals interested in this position can send their documents to the following email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should be sent via email with the subject line: “Zonal immunization TA-Dawro zones (Tercha town)(Name of Applicant)“
- All application documents should be combined into one PDF file, the cover letter being the first page followed by the CV (resume) and other documents if any.
- Please provide us three names with their contact addresses as references.
- Send only one attachment with the file name format: “your full names_ Consultant Finance Manager.pdf”
- Applications not conforming to the above directions will NOT be considered
- No phone calls please and only short listed applicants will be contacted.
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply as JSI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer.
This vacancy is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia
N.B JSI is a child-safe organization, and the safety and well-being of children is a priority of our organization. We have robust recruitment procedures to ensure that all staff are suited to work withthe children served by our programs.