GoEthio – Your Source for Unbiased News and Local Business Listings in Ethiopia
- Washington is determined to govern AI, but how?WASHINGTON, May 15 (Reuters) – U.S. lawmakers are grappling with what guardrails to put around burgeoning artificial intelligence, but months after ChatGPT got Washington’s attention, consensus is far from certain. Interviews with a U.S. senator, congressional staffers, AI companies and interest groups show there are a number of options under discussion. Some proposals focus on… Read more: Washington is determined to govern AI, but how?
- ‘We are selling a product that we hope gets discontinued’By Katherine Latham Business reporter Invasive species cause ecological and economic damage around the world. Now some firms are seeing a commercial opportunity, by using such non-native animals and plants as a valuable resource. Caitlin Benn, marketing director for dog food business Wilder Harrier, explains that the company hopes it will one day no longer… Read more: ‘We are selling a product that we hope gets discontinued’
- Africa may need its own central medicines agency, says Aspen Pharmacare CEOLondon CNN — When Africa needs medicines, all too often the continent must look abroad. African nations consume about 25% of vaccines produced globally, but import nearly 99% of their supply, according to the African Union Development Agency. For packaged medicines, only 36% of demand is produced locally, and just 3% is supplied by regional trade, according to… Read more: Africa may need its own central medicines agency, says Aspen Pharmacare CEO
- Apple got rich in China. Other Asian markets offer the next ‘golden opportunity’Hong KongCNN — Apple launched an online store in Vietnam this week, in another nod to the growing importance of emerging markets for the iPhone maker. The opening on Thursday, which followed the high-profile launch of its first physical shops in India, means consumers in the fast-growing Southeast Asian economy will be able to buy any Apple product… Read more: Apple got rich in China. Other Asian markets offer the next ‘golden opportunity’
- Nyala, Nissan to begin long overdue car assembly plantNyala Motors has announced that it has secured a plot of land to build an assembly plant for Nissan cars in Ethiopia. The company made the announcement on May 18, 2023, during its 50th anniversary celebration. Managers at Nyala plan to partner with the Japanese multinational automaker Nissan, headquartered in Yokohama’s Nishi-ku district, during the… Read more: Nyala, Nissan to begin long overdue car assembly plant
- Government employees’ salaries will be paid in Tele BirrIt was announced that preparations are being made to transfer the salaries of government employees to the Tele Birr mobile money system. Finance Minister Ahmed Shide said when he presented the nine-month performance of his institution to the Standing Committee on Planning, Budget and Finance of the House of People’s Representatives, that work is being… Read more: Government employees’ salaries will be paid in Tele Birr
- Congressman advocates for Ethiopia’s exclusion from AGOA, international lendingMember of the United States Congress wants Ethiopia to remain excluded from the African Growth and Opportunity Act (AGOA) trade preferences until the Ethiopian government investigates alleged diversions of humanitarian aid in Tigray Regional State. Congressman Brad Sherman urged USAID and the Biden administration “not to reinstate the African Growth Opportunity Act (AGOA) and not… Read more: Congressman advocates for Ethiopia’s exclusion from AGOA, international lending
- Canada Vows To Support Ethiopia’s Holistic Development UndertakingsDeputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister, Demeke Mekonnen, met with Minister of International Development of Canada Harjit Singh Sajjan, at his office earlier this morning. Among others, the two sides discussed ways of further enhancing development cooperation between Ethiopia and Canada against the backdrop of strong, longstanding ties. Demeke told Minister Sajjan that the Government… Read more: Canada Vows To Support Ethiopia’s Holistic Development Undertakings
- Solution-oriented approach pivotal to transform Ethiopia: Premier–Opens nationwide skills competition BY MISGANAW ASNAKE ADDIS ABABA- Practical and solution-oriented approaches are crucial to sustainably transform Ethiopia and enable the country to overcome the pressing challenges, Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed (PhD) said. The Premier made the above remark while opening the 3rd Nationwide skills competition hosted by the Ministry of Labor and Skills… Read more: Solution-oriented approach pivotal to transform Ethiopia: Premier
In the age of globalization and digitalization, it is easier than ever for a company to expand internationally. Many international companies are looking for ways to enter the Ethiopian market.
GoEthio Business Directory is a directory that helps you find local companies in Ethiopia. It lists all types of businesses from import export, food and beverage, retail chains, travel agencies, hotels and more.
GoEthio – Your Source for Unbiased News and Local Business Listings in Ethiopia Latest News Latest Companies In the age of globalization and digitalization, it is easier than ever for a company to expand internationally. Many international companies are looking for ways to enter the Ethiopian market. GoEthio Business Directory is a directory that helps…